So, I (Zach) was almost struck by lightning the other day. My future father-in-law (Bubba) and I were out cutting some limbs off of trees and hauling them to a burn pile when KABOOM! lightning struck a tree right in the pasture we were in. I actually saw it strike the tree, and the tree smoked a little bit afterwards. Luckily it was not a tree that we working and Bubba had already headed back to the shed because he had to fix the chain on the chainsaw. The charge however transfered to several posts of a gate directly under the tree that was stuck. There are splinters everywhere that got blown off the tree and posts. I about had a heart attack and I jumped in the Ranger and hauled butt back to the shed and into the house. Right after I got back in it started to pour down rain, and rained for the whole next day.
Anyways, after all the storms, Charlotte and I got to go back out and do some more fishing (it is my favorite thing to do while here in Valley Spring). And for anyone counting, or who even really cares, I am up by four now. Last night I caught four fish while Charlotte caught none. Two tiny perch, a decent size perch, and a small bass. Charlotte is a little sour about it because I was using her pole and she was using her mom's because mine was messed up (I had to restring it today). Later this evening we will be going out again. Charlotte made the switch to live bait last night, only thing is, she won't put the worm on her hook, so I have to do it for her. Oh well
Tune in next time,
Same ZAC time, same ZAC channel
0 comments:
Post a Comment